Saturday, August 13, 2011

dear Jesus you can take everything i have…just please don’t leave my side.

well friends i can’t believe it’s already that time again but tomorrow morning at 4.30 i leave for Nicaragua again.  Sadly the flights to the states went up and not down so that delightful visit will have to wait.  God’s blessed me again with a travel buddy (our newest missionary Morgan is going to sacrifice her time and submit herself to 4 solid days of kayla…pobrecita) Anywho, we’re going to hit up Granada and hopefully have some fun!

So with this looming trip and the harsh reality that each day I'm getting closer and closer to my estimated head back to Canada time I've been getting quite upset.  The thought of going to back is not sitting well with me, between panic and denial – sometimes it doesn’t feel like it’s going to happen  “but kayla you have like five months left what’s your deal?!” GAH i know only fiiive months hahah.  I know God’s got me covered and whether i stay or go is HIS decision not mine, which is reassuring, but it’s hard when your heart is so entangled and attached (and no Grandma not romantically with the future father of your great-grandbabies). Okay so let me clarify before my mom creates a pool in our living room with her tears –don’t laugh she could do it!  It’s not that i don’t miss people back home but God’s got that covered and as I'm frolicking down his path (we’re holding hands too!) i just have peace that He’s taking care of everyone at home and voila! I'm good.  So case in point I’m not sure what God’s got up his sleeve but i feel like long term missions could be a serious possibility eeek how exciting!!!

Prayer (ahh YES PLEASE!!!)

*For a budget friendly trip up north, safety, REST, and obviously for us to have a suuper wonderful time.

*For God to throw some knowledge and wisdom on me;  help me to just focus on him and not on all the craziness that worry/anxiety brings.

*Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of [my] mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  Ephesians 4.29

* My friend, Francis, unexpectedly lost her aunt last week.  Also in that same family is a guy who would like to volunteer with us but his aunt doesn’t approve and kind of IMG_2556forbade him to come.  She’s a victim to the whole Caprio is disgusting, unsafe, and all the other racist generalizations that people come up with. He’s a pretty prime guy and we want his help so throw some prayers out for her heart to soften up.

 

 

so on top of the giant cockroach i decapitated    the other day LOOK what i killed just outside my room…I'm so brave!  …..modest too!!

1 comment:

  1. and i thought the spider i killed in my house this week was big. you ARE brave!!! lol

    ReplyDelete