Thursday, December 23, 2010

marvellous Minnesota

Aaaah so I've have been in Minnesota for a  little over a week now and it has been completely delightful.  Leaving home was difficult, as everything was hitting me all at the same time "you won't see this person....FOR A  YEAR!" haha and if I wasn't already thinking it they were telling me "Oh Kayla....I won't see you for so long" needless to say a new lake has formed near the Chandler home. 

All my flights went very smoothly, I didn't even have to pay for any of my bags - much to the dismay of the bag checking man who was very concerned and interested in "why don't YOU have to pay"  to which he received  a shrug and smile...then went on my way with a little pep in my step (I was excited because the bag cost was something that I had been stressing about, but of course Jesus was like 'Oh Kayla you are so silly, don't you know that I control bag checks too!' - so prime

My first 4-5 days were completely non-stop as we had a hitchin' (wedding) to set up, do, and take down.  It was such a wonderful time, I've met so may delightful people and had some extremely prime conversations.  I'm staying with my friend's family and have adopted them as my own, coming from a family of just one brother its so fun to have 3 new sisters and 2 new brothers.

 
Since being here God has given me a complete and overflowing peace...this is exactly where I am supposed to be right now.  I am blessed beyond measure.  The other day my friends mom Melody shared something with me and I really liked it so I will pass along the joy...

  Reflecting on her newly married daughter she explained to me that every time something significant happens in our lives our names change

    * When we are born our parents give us a name * when we are born again, the Lord renames us as His beloved * when we get married we receive a new last name (ladies) and are now a husband or wife * when we have a baby we are now a parent.....
   

She closed by saying how God cares about our names and how they are really important to Him.  I couldn't help but leave thinking about my name : Kayla Rae Chandler....beloved, daughter, sister, missionary, student, friend....

I know it shouldn't surprise me but I'm SO overwhelmed by God's love, I am in no way deserving of what I am receiving but hey! I am definitely NOT complaining :)

IMG_0548s IMG_0651
Megan and I                                                                      My home in Minnesota

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely amazing girl! Praise God about the bags!! WOW...God is totally working in your favor! :) Love you and miss you so much but glad you're having a great time over there and MERRY CHRISTMAS my Kaylar Chandler hehe

    ReplyDelete