Saturday, November 6, 2010

aaa November?!

so it's T minus one month and 9 days I think until I head out...the time has just flown by.  I've been so overwhelmed with the support and love that I have been showered with.  I am so blessed!  As of this moment I believe I have about 75% of my funds raised!!!  Since I have been back God has covered me with love.  In September when my summer job was coming to an end (summer camp) I prayed for a job and less than 1 week later I was in a doctors office downtown with a full time job!  This job was and is a huge blessing, I get to meet sooo many people not to mention its a doctors office so there's almost always something crazy going on.  I will be there until November 19 then after that I will be stepping down and only working part time as  a youth worker with the City of Surrey (my other job) so that I can prepare.  And prepare I shall, I've still got 25% of my funds to raise and when going away for a year there are a lot of little things that need to be done (little things you don't consider...like getting medical and travel insurance...apparently its not the smartest plan to just leave that up to Jesus).  As well i will be able to spend some quality time with my friends and family up here not to mention extreme practicing my Spanish.  ps if you would love to help me practice, I would not turn you away :)  Anyways, I just wanted to check in....

OOO i just remembered so for those of you dying to know how my finger has been doing (for those who don`t remember I could not bend it) it`s just about completely back to normal!!! SO exciting! Thank you so much for all the prayers, they`ve been working!!! :)

love kayla!

“I will never leave you nor forsake you... Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1: 6-9

This verse has been a huge source of comfort these past few months... I love Jesus :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see and hear about how God works through you and in you all at the same time! You're very loved up here and supported 100%. Stay strong!
    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete